Wednesday, July 16, 2014

New Computer, No Computer ...

I was afraid that this may happen. The minute our new computer was compatible with the games that my Youngest Son has been patiently waiting to play (our old computer couldn't handle the stress) ... I have lost my turn at the computer.

The first night was fine. I had grown accustomed to updating my daycare blog on my little (slow but mighty) netbook. I could get my emails on my cell phone. I didn't really have the brainpower to write columns, a daycare newsletter and catch my new computer up on all that I needed to 'tell' it in its absence. Besides, the phone rang and I talked to a friend who I hadn't talked with in ages.

The next night was much the same. By that time, I had started my daycare newsletter and just emailed it to myself so that I could work with it on my netbook while I was outside. Then the evening came? And a friend called who just needed to chat. So? That is what I did.

Tonight. Almost another ditto. I finished off my daycare newsletter and printed it off this morning. Columns are done and sent off to all papers but one. Then the evening came. I thought I'd just settle in with my little netbook and 'talk about my day'. Then ... the phone rang. A friend invited me out for coffee. And that is what I am going to do.

This post was going to be about something. I even  had the final wrap up sentence all figured out. Then the phone rang. I'll try again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment