Friday, October 24, 2014

My Horoscope for the Week of Oct 19 - 25

"After being a bit zealous at the office, a little rest is needed. Try to think more about yourself. A getaway or even a small trip will completely renew your energy."

I may not have an office. But I have been planning a reunion. And 'zealous' feels like a word which may describe my passion for this upcoming event.

We are exactly one week away from Reunion Day. I am excited and anxious and overwhelmed. But mostly excited.

There have been so very many reminders why we have planned this little family reunion. There have been too many funerals and not enough weddings. There have been too many calls of a serious nature over the concern of a family member and not enough celebrations .

Life is short. We need to take the time to gather with those who bring us up, carry us through and bring comfort just by showing up.

We are beyond fortunate that is what our family is and does for each other.

The legacy our grandparents left behind is a family who you simply want to get to know and to spend time with. The more I know of my family, the more I want to get to know them.

Now, if only I didn't have to 'work' for a living, I could sit back and revel in this last week of wrapping my thoughts around all-things-family.

I've been enjoying the anticipation of this little family reunion for quite some time. I can't wait for the rest of the family to come and enjoy this little party in my mind.

After it is over, will a small trip be in order? Probably not.

For me, the best place I can be, is exactly where I am. Just over a week from now, I will be in exactly the same place but I will be wrapped up in warm thoughts and memories of a weekend well spent. I cannot think of any other place I would rather be.

No comments:

Post a Comment