Thursday, October 30, 2014

Time to Shift Into Neutral

I am coasting through the morning...

I slept in a little. Not long, but just enough to convince my brain to slow down and keep pace with my body.

I followed the trail of a good deed (via a Facebook status). Once again, Facebook is my inspiration and reminds me of good people doing good things).

I sat back and perused some photos of a friend I once knew. It is so reassuring when you remember the essence of who someone as a teen and see how they have remained true to themselves (at least according to the pictures they post and the words they use to describe them).

I am sitting in the quiet of the morning and reflecting on all-things-good. Light and uplifting. Deeper and soul enriching.

I know I need to inhale. I have not been taking deep enough breaths lately and I am lacking in 'oxygen'.

I am taking the time I need this morning and trusting that all-I-have-done is good enough.

Planning and anticipation is invigorating and uplifting. But it gets old after a while. It is time to just coast and watch the scenery pass me by as I make my way down this slope.

It is time to get back to living in the 'present'. It is truly all we ever have. So why do we spend so much time in anticipation of future events?

I suppose we need something to strive towards and keep us moving in a forward direction. I was stuck in neutral for a long time. It took a lot of work to push myself into first gear. Once I gained momentum, driving forward became easier. I accumulated a few speeding tickets along the way.

The time is right, to shift into neutral and just enjoy the ride before I encounter the next incline. I can feel the wind in my hair right now ....

No comments:

Post a Comment