Tuesday, May 26, 2015

A Post Without a Point and Nowhere to Go

This time yesterday morning, my mind was racing with ways I could squeeze the most into the last quiet hour of my day, in an effort to make up for a lost Sunday.

Today, I am content. I did as much as I could with yesterday and my efforts have given me this one hour "off".

I work better under pressure. My thoughts flow better, I am spurred into action and I race to see how much I can squeeze into one short hour.

Today, I am of the mind where I could happily curl up into a ball on the couch and just inhale those sixty minutes.

In other words, if I didn't have a job to do this morning, I believe I would waste the entire day that is sitting here before me.

I have a love/hate relationship with the frantic side of myself. 

I love knowing I still "have what it takes" to do what needs to be done when the chips are down. I hate the person I am when I am racing against the clock under pressure. 

Give me free time and I waste it. Give me a job to do and it gets done. Give me an hour with nothing to say and I'll say too much.

Maybe I'll wander off and send off some emails instead. My thoughts are quite literally going nowhere this morning. 

That's it. This was a post about nothing. 

"Happy Tuesday!"

No comments:

Post a Comment