Tuesday, May 19, 2015

I Spent a Lot This Past Weekend

Well that was a very good way to spend a weekend. And spend is exactly what I did.

Friday, I spent what was left of the day tending to the house and chores I didn't want haunting me over the weekend.

Saturday, I spent money. I spent $275.87 to be exact. I diversified my spending and feel like a little went a long way. Then I came home and worked with other people's money and completed as much as I could do on my bookkeeping work.

Sunday, I spent words. Lots of words. Columns got out, I wrote a few notes, a long overdue email got written and I visited with family. Oh dear, I spent a lot of words that day. It is less exhausting to spend money.

Monday, I spent time. I devoted a great deal of energy to reviving the dreamer in me. Then I took what was left over of the time I had left and spent my energy on doing "hard things". My daycare photos are almost organized and my daycare newsletter is almost complete. The lawn was mowed and trimmed by the time Dancing With the Stars began.

I am looking forward to the end of the official TV season. Grey's Anatomy wound up last week and DWTS will award their gold mirrorball tonight and put that to rest.

I can turn off the television set and focus my attention and energy in my own back yard. I still have a garage to clean, a box of papers to shred and four more movies to watch. Other than that, I accomplished all that was on my weekend to-do list.

It energizes me to cross those long neglected and must-do tasks off of my never ending list. But I found where my energy lies. It is in the dream state.

I started scheming yesterday morning and a few more pieces have to fall into place before I can make any formal plans. But it feels good to dream again. It is where my positive ions reside. I need to visit that place of my dreams more frequently.

"Planning is the only way to keep yourself on track. Plan your moments to be joyous. Plan your days to be filled with peace. Plan your life to be an experience of growth. When you know where you are going, the universe will clear a path for you." ~ Iyanla Vanzant

Well Universe, I know exactly where I want to go. I'll do my part if you do yours.

I'll let you know more when I know more. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment