Wednesday, May 20, 2015

When You Know Where You Are Going...

Do you ever feel like you should do something but don't act on it? But the times you do act, you absolutely know without a doubt that it was the right thing to do? Me too!

So I took what life has taught me and set a plan into action.

The idea has been in the back of my mind for six months. I made a proposal to Mom and asked her to join me when she was in the thick of her medical worries this past winter. I needed to think out and beyond the present and bring her along with me. So I asked.

A few weeks ago, she mentioned that idea once again. This time, her sister asked her if she would consider the idea. Her answer was, "Actually, I have been thinking of doing [exactly what  you just suggested]."

Monday morning, the right set of thought waves set a plan into action.

Step #1. Ask for the time off. I needed two days attached to the lonely holiday Wednesday on July 1st. By the day's end, my wish was granted.

Step #2. Find a means to get there and a place to stay. I checked online and found my answers.

Step #3. Contact those on the destination end of my plans and see if the idea was feasible. Once again, I received my answer by the day's end.

Step #4. ACT!!

And that is exactly what I did.

I set the date, the place and the time. I reserved our rooms. Then I called Mom, gave her this information and all she had to do was to say, "Yes". And that is exactly what she did. A quiet, firm and without hesitation "Yes!"

Mom and I are flying out to see my uncle on July 1st. The flights are booked, the accommodations are taken care of. The details are minute.

We are going.

Mom said, "YES!"

Sometimes in life, we just need it to be as easy as saying "yes" or "no". We need someone else to take care of the details.

I'm a detail person. I can do that.

This feels as right to me, as it did when I surprised Mom on Mother's Day weekend with a quick trip out to her place to take her out for supper.

It is the right thing to do.

I wavered for a millisecond yesterday and then I reread the last sentence of the quote I posted yesterday morning. "... When you know where you are going, the universe will clear a path for you." ~ Iyanla Vanzant

Well Universe, we did our part. I have faith that you will keep your end of the bargain. Because we are booked and we know where you are going. All we need from you is a clear path.

"Thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter!"

No comments:

Post a Comment