Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Overwhelmed by Procrastination

The words are not flowing well these days. I must have them bottlenecked up somewhere in between my head and my fingertips and I have no idea what is being held captive, as I really don't know where this post is going to go. I just know I have to write, in the hope of finding out what I'm thinking.

I am disgusted at my laziness lately. I have so many housekeeping items I should be tending, yet I seem to be ignoring everything.

Bookwork, writing, repairs, papers, notes and uncompleted tasks are every which way I look and they are haunting me.

Am I busy? Far from it. Is there any excuse for feeling this way? Not a one. I am simply overwhelmed because I am sitting smack dab in the middle of a whole pile of little jobs left undone.

I feel depleted. The question is why?

I think a lot of it has to do with procrastinating. It takes far more energy not to do something, than it does to start chiselling away at the mountain.

I know this, yet I do nothing about it.

I feel like I'm not following through on anything I start. I think I'm wasting time and energy sitting here writing about where I am "at" and why.

I would be better off if I took the next fifteen minutes before my daycare day begins and see how many things I can do.

That is exactly what I shall do. Something.

No comments:

Post a Comment