Friday, October 9, 2015

Preserving My Battery's Longevity

It seems every time I turn around something around here is in need of "recharging". My cell phone, the iPad, our cordless house phone and (not as often) the laptop computer.

Anything that isn't continually plugged into a power source starts to run low on power throughout the day. Depending on usage, these gadgets need to be recharged more than once a day. There always seems to be something "charging up" around here.

I correlated this feeling of "running low on power" to the way this week has felt. I don't feel like I've been fully charged all week long. I can't believe the energy it takes to drag myself out of bed in the morning. I am rested but not recharged.

The drain on my power has felt overwhelming.

My new little one year old seems to have a ten to fifteen minute level of contentment within her before she looks at me to make her happy for the fifteen minutes which follow that. This goes on all day, until nap time. She wakes up "fully charged", while I have only regained a 40 to 69% charge, depending on how quickly her friends settled down.

My power supply is being depleted by starting projects and not completing them. I feel like a telephone that is plugged in to charge before it's dead, then disconnected from the energy source at 60% full.

It is presently nap time in our daycare world. I have returned to complete this post which I started this morning, but didn't finish. Following that, I shall complete the daycare post I started yesterday, but didn't complete. Sitting beside me is the paperwork I have been puttering with for far too long. I started amassing my multitude of notes (written on scraps of paper, then stapled together so I wouldn't lose them) into one notepad which someone else could decipher (just in case I die before this land transfer is complete!).

I started assembling my notes after I didn't complete this post, and I shall finish that little job after I complete the blog posts I started earlier. Then, I must tend to the daycare newsletter I started at least a month ago ...

And the list goes on.

My list was so full that I started a new one. Finish cleaning out the garage. Finish the painting jobs I started. More columns to tend to. Dirt to move, rocks to shuffle and fall jobs to complete while the weather is mild.

I hope to run my battery dry over the weekend. Then I shall plug into a power source (otherwise known as my bed) and stay there until I am fully charged. Once that charge is full to capacity I believe my battery power will last longer.

My computer guy advised me the best way to prolong the life of the battery on our laptop computer is to run it down to about 10% at least once a month, then recharge it to 100%. I'm going to take my computer guy's advise this upcoming long weekend. I have one bookkeeping day to tend to, then two consecutive days off. I'm looking forward to losing so much power I have no choice but to plug in. This running down to 30% and only recharging up to 60% makes me feel like I'm only half charged 100% of the time.

How are you going to unplug this holiday weekend?

1 comment:

  1. I correlated this feeling of "running low on power" to the way this week has felt. I don't feel like I've been fully charged all week long. I can't believe the energy it takes to drag myself out of bed in the morning. I am rested but not recharged. batteriser

    ReplyDelete