Monday, December 14, 2015

It's a Beginning

It was a little bit like cleaning out the closets. I needed a strategy, some uninterrupted time and the motivation to all land on the same day. I wrote Christmas cards yesterday. All day. And it was good.

I apologize in advance for the ones I wrote under extreme caffeinated conditions. You will recognize them when you read them. Trust me. The envelopes are sealed. The deed is done. I'm not doing it again. Just ... I'm sorry. I got weird there for a while.

Then I climbed back on board the sanity train and continued. Some letters are down right boring. Others are better. I wrote a silly little poem to get the ball rolling. Me and my "poetry"! I'm not a poet and I know it (then again, maybe I am).

I have about twelve more cards to go before I call it a wrap, but the lion's share is done. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right? I may not be stronger but I'm a little bit more in the Christmas spirit than I once was.That is a win.

Twelve cards to go and then my daycare yearbook project. I'm not sure where that is going to go but I have one more free Sunday on my hands. I'll see what comes of it as it comes.

My "poem" came to me from a song. Who knows what inspiration is lying around the next corner? Not me, that is for sure.

I've got a long way to go but I'm much further ahead than I was at this time yesterday morning. Strategy + time + motivation = Success (at least on some level).

Now I have a week I must take care of while I wait for Sunday to roll around again. Gotta run!

No comments:

Post a Comment