Sunday, December 20, 2015

Little Drummer Girl

It's been a long day. All my thoughts are in rhymes (oh, the poems I have written this season). This one has been sitting in a state of incompleteness since I found out my brother already bought the gift I thought I could give my mom. I finally finished it tonight:

Come she told me, pa rum pum pum pum 
She had no Christmas tree, pa rum pum pum pum 
I'm not sure who will come, pa rum pum pum pum 
To keep us company, pa rum pum pum pum, 
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,

So to honor Her, pa rum pum pum pum, 
I will come. 

Oh, dear mother, pa rum pum pum pum 
I have not shopped for you, pa rum pum pum pum 
I have no gift to bring, pa rum pum pum pum 
But I could buy some wings, pa rum pum pum pum, 
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum, 

What shall I bring for you, pa rum pum pum pum, 
When I come? 

My mom nodded, pa rum pum pum pum 
The clock ticked and kept time, pa rum pum pum pum 
I'd bring my sons for Her, pa rum pum pum pum 
That would best for Her, pa rum pum pum pum, 
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum, 

Then She smiled at me, pa rum pum pum pum 
Me and my sons.

No comments:

Post a Comment