Monday, January 18, 2016

I'm Tired of Writing My Story

It feels like I'm living my life without a plot line. One day is very much like the next with little to no variation in evening and/or weekend activities. Honestly? If I didn't have to work on Saturdays, I would probably have no drama in my world.

Contentment is a very good way to live a life but without the highs and lows, contentment takes on the essence of a low grade feeling of "nothing".

I don't even have the desire to rock the boat and plan something. I don't want to add anything new to what is working so well. I don't want to renovate, replace or buy anything. I am quite happy with everything we have.

Our little black cats bring such joy into my small little world. Yesterday, I nestled into my bedroom and spent the day there. Our cats were more than happy to join me and my son popped in from time to time and we had several short little chats. I read a book, I watched a movie, I turned on the TV and then I read some more.

Every now and again, I'd look up and watch the cats sleeping. One was stretched out on his side of my bed, the other was sleeping beside me with one paw outstretched so he was touching me as he slept. Then he woke up and snuck under the quilt on my bed and slept on my freshly washed sheets before I did.

It was a zero activity, zero drama, no computer, no communication kind of day. And I liked it.

I woke up this morning and had absolutely nothing in my head. I think I may have stopped thinking. I do believe most people would call my life boring. I may tend to agree but I don't have the gumption to do anything about it.

I feel like my life needs a new author. Someone to come in and shake things up just a little bit. Maybe add a new character or two. Maybe a social life? Some extracurricular activities would probably be good for my body and soul. I just don't have the drive to change a thing. I like where things are at.

What did I just write last week? Something to the effect of "If it works, don't replace (or fix) it". This works. I'm not going to mess with it. I'll just enjoy this little piece of quiet and serenity for as long as it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment