Sunday, February 7, 2016

You Know It's Going to be a Good Day When ...

You know it's going to be a good day when ...


... you open your eyes and this is the first thing you see!


You know it's going to be even better when you wake up to a personal email and feel like you shared your morning coffee with your brother ("Thanks, Bro! I enjoyed your visit very much.")

You know it's picking up speed when you get an email which has the potential to increase your earnings by "two daycare days" worth of income. (Thanks to a referral from one of my daycare moms).

You know you are on the right path when you are inspired by an "H20 Mop X5 Elite" paid advertisement as you greet the day. I believe I was meant to meet this mop in person, I have done my research and I may just invest in one today if all goes well.

You know an idea is one worth considering, when it still sounds as good as it did four days ago. Thanks to my nice little accumulation of reward points on my credit card, I am set to take the plunge and invest in a "FitBit Flex Wireless Activity & Sleep Wristband".

You know your day is going to be one of interaction with real, live, adult people when you extend a few invitations first thing in the day. And you get a response from "one of two" almost immediately, with the potential to add one more to the plans as the day goes along. 

Inviting people into my day means I have to get dressed. Using the reward points on my credit card means I have to leave the house to do so (my reward points don't work for on-line purchases). 

I came home from work last night and touched the computer keyboard only once, to check for emails. When I didn't find any, I ceremoniously walked away from the computer and spent the evening "unplugged". Almost. I brought my cell phone downstairs with me.

You know the day has the potential to be one of your best if you "unplug" yourself from the internet and cell phone connections and just have a day interfacing with people the old fashioned way. And that is just what I'm going to do (unfortunately, I am committed to bringing my cell phone along with me because I'm awaiting a reply for my supper invitation and hoping to hear back from "a guy who has a treadmill").

Because I need to start my days saying, "You know it's going to be a most excellent day when you wake up and start moving again!"

I'm not sure where this day will end up, but I know I will feel better at the end of it because I am walking away from the computer now.

Signing out, signing off and having an "Unplugged Sunday" now!

Here are just a few more photos that make my heart smile:

A shoestring is a perfect cat toy - one cat runs off with the string in his mouth; the second cat runs and chases it!
That is ... until "one of the cats" decides to hog the string (note the string peeking out from underneath "Jet"??)
Snow gazing together, on a day where the snow lightly falling was a perfect Christmas card moment.
"My box! Go get your own." Yes, there was an identical box sitting right beside this one. 
Resting from a hard day of playing with shoestrings. One couch per cat. This is the picture of "Sunday" in our home.
Happy Sunday to You!!

No comments:

Post a Comment