Thursday, April 14, 2016

Day of NO

So I lied. I have been a Fitbit wearer for two months and one week now. And I have not changed my lifestyle one little bit. I started drinking lots of water there for a while but I ran out of time to keep that up. Replenishing my water supply + all of the extra trips to the bathroom = too much time out of the room and daycare behaviours went WILD.

But I have been diligently tracking my steps and my sleep. I have learned two things.

1. I now know why I go through socks so fast. And it has nothing to do with the way I spend my weekends:


2. I am a VERY efficient sleeper! I maintain a "high honors" sleep efficiency rate. Yes, it is a rare day when my "sleep efficiency" dips below 90%. I excel at sleeping.


What does this mean to me? It means I understand what I need (sleep) to maintain my daily required (as in: the number of steps required to tend little people each weekday) step count.

Last night I only logged 4 hours and 49 minutes of sleep. I feel like a wet dish rag this morning. I need my sleep!

Shonda Rhimes, this "Year of Yes" thing has to be revised. I think what it needs to mean is "Know when saying 'No' to other people, commitments and obligations means saying 'Yes' to me, my sanity and my sleep efficiency".

I don't think I have the strength to unlock the door and let my day walk in today. It sure would be a good day to be sick. I don't get sick. Exhausted? Yes. Overwhelmed? Yes. Grouchy? You bet! Sick and tired? Only tired.

I just need a few more Sundays in my week and I'll be fine. I am counting on "the end of tax season" cuts down my bookkeeping hours. I really, truly need two day weekends again. My Fitbit tells me so.

But for today? I believe I will say "NO" to everything that is not absolutely essential and required. "I deserve a break today" ("YES" to McDonald's tonight!! I wish they delivered...)

No comments:

Post a Comment