Friday, May 13, 2016

Enjoying My Little Rainbow

I'm feeling a good kind of wordless today.

I feel light, after the heaviness of "Monday through Thursday" is behind me.

I feel good because my daycare week has been pretty good, all in all. We've come a long way. We have much further to go but we are headed in the right direction. I've taken responsibility for my part in this equation which has shifted the "power" and transformed my way of thinking right along with it.

I am thrilled to have an "easy weekend" in store. One where all I have to do is go to work on Saturday, then wake up to an absolutely uncommitted Sunday right in my own home. Who knew how good a working weekend would feel after a long winter of working Saturdays?

I am pleased to have a lighter daycare load today. One of my "Friday regulars" came yesterday which means I am down to my core group of "three" today. They are a pretty easy group. The sun is shining, the temperature is starting to rise and I think it could be a good day to be where we most want to be.

It has been cloudy and rainy for most of this week. Dreary weather makes me want to curl up on the couch with a good book, plenty of snacking food with a plethora of movies to choose to watch. Just as my free Sunday is approaching, with all the time and freedom to allow me such a day, the sun is now peeking out again. Maybe I'll spend the day outside with our cats instead. Maybe I could do both?

It feels good to poke my head out of the clouds and see a rainbow on the horizon. There may not be a pot of gold at the end of it, it may be an optical illusion and the more I chase it, the more it will elude me. This feeling may not last but a moment but I'll enjoy the moment while it lasts.

Right now, I feel like I'm sitting in my very own rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment