Sunday, June 5, 2016

Less Stuff

I have been hanging out here this morning: http://www.projecthappiness.org/project-happiness-blog/

I have been wandering through "whatever speaks to me" over at this site and finding my way through the mire of my deep, dark thoughts a lot this past while. These articles are exactly what I need to read right now.

I woke up to a Sunday with all of the "hard stuff" done. The lawn is mowed, my hair is clean, groceries have been bought, all of my extra-curricular spending has been "paid in full" and I have miraculously ended up in the black. And it is SUNDAY!! Yay!!!

I don't know what to do first. Go for a long, brisk walk? Sit out in the sun with our cats? Start digging through one closet or area of the house to try to lighten the load of the excess that has accumulated while my back was turned? Or all of the above.

The key is to do something. I gave myself an entire Sunday to melt into the couch last week. I have nurtured myself with garbage food and mindless TV. Now it is time to "walk it off", let my thoughts waft through my mind while I walk a good walk, While I am walking, I will make a plan to get rid of some of the excess (again!) around here. I will end my day in the back yard with a good book and our cats.

The time to get started is NOW.

The theme of today is:

12801216_10153266207256637_730245383022135249_n
Joy is not in things; it is in us.” ~Richard Wagner

We don’t hang on to things; we hang on to emotions attached to those things…as you move through your day today, ask yourself, “Does this bring me joy?” This is a simple yet incredibly powerful question to ask about all the the ‘stuff’ in your life…

No comments:

Post a Comment