Saturday, August 6, 2016

Holiday Ready

There was a year when I converted my daycare playroom into my "Holiday Oasis". It was a wonderful year. It was the year I stayed home and worked on our family's book project. It was the year of a "Holiday with a door". I packed up all the supplies I needed for my holiday within my own home. I unplugged myself from the Internet and telephone connections. It was a year when all I needed and wanted was one quiet room without having to pack up and go anywhere. It was the holiday of my dreams.

Then there is "this" year. This is the year when our entire house has become overrun by all things daycare. Daycare is everywhere. Everywhere except my bedroom. So this year, the minute my daycare was closed for my two week vacation, I started cleaning, washing and moving everything daycare related out of sight. By the time the night ended, our house looked like a home again. It is exhausting to live in a daycare centre. I feel better already.

Here are the before and after pictures:
Daycare Ready
Holiday Ready
Daycare Dayz
Holidayz 
Ready For a One Year Old
Ready For a Guest
Daycare Ready
Guest Ready
Daycare Necessities
My Necessities

Daycare Quiet Room
Daycare Storage Room
Daycare Storage Room (continued)
I dare not show an after picture of the daycare playroom downstairs. It is bad. It is really bad. Some things have to get worse before they get better and that is the case of the daycare playroom. Much purging will be done. I'm sure that story is forthcoming very, very soon.

But in the meantime, I have one last bookkeeping day to put behind me. Then, I can pick up some holiday type groceries on my way home (maybe I will even try to include "cooking supper" into my holiday agenda) and let the holiday begin.

I made it. I need to be "right here" right now. I've been fighting to survive the days which preceded today. I'm so glad my holidays have finally arrived.

Summer Holiday 2016 is spelled R-E-L-I-E-F.

No comments:

Post a Comment