Monday, February 5, 2018

My Monday Morning Soundtrack

The music and lyrics from the song "Just another Manic Monday" are streaming through my head this morning.

♪♫ Why can't it still be Sunday. My I don't have to run day...♪♫

My mind wanders to those who are holidaying or embarking on a holiday and the chorus from "Margaritaville" becomes my new Monday morning theme song.

♪♫ Wasted away in Margaritaville .... lookin' for my lost sugar and salt. ♪♫

Yes, I see my rendition of the mis-worded lyrics makes me sound like I want to cook something. And that couldn't be further from the truth.

I just want to escape somewhere. But I don't have a passport and ♪♫ it's my own damn fault.♪♫

♪♫ I like Pina Coladas. I could walk in the rain ... ♪♫

But I have to face up to my reality. I must work. It is my lot in life.

♪♫ Workin' 9 to 5 ... what a way to make a living.♪♫ Sigh ...  

 I'd better make myself a cup of "ambition" and head off into my work week. 

Cause it's ♪♫ just another Manic Monday!♪♫

No comments:

Post a Comment