Saturday, June 2, 2018

Saturday Morning Meanderings

I woke up around 4:00 this morning. The millisecond my consciousness remembered what morning I was waking up to, I did a little happy dance inside my head. "Saturday mornings are my most favorite thing!!"  I said to myself. Then I remembered I had an appointment to donate blood at 9:20 a.m. Sigh... "I will have to get dressed and leave the house today. Rats!"

I am a home body. Plain and simple. I love being home, staying home and inviting others into our home. I LOVE our home. Maybe I should clean and fix it up a little...

In the name of becoming brave again, I went and made plans to leave this oasis three weekends over the course of the next four months. I hate to say it, but I can't wait to have it all behind me.

I was asked if I was looking forward to our upcoming reunion. My answer: "Sorta ... mostly ... yep?" I'm looking to everything except leaving home. And being outside with ticks, caterpillars and mosquitoes. I'm not a big fan of nature unless there is a roof with a plate glass window or screen to protect me from the insects.

I should start walking regularly. It would be good for every part of my being. But it is caterpillar season and it would be bad enough if all one had to do was dodge them on the sidewalk. It is the ones spinning a web so they can touch down on planet earth that give me the weebie jeebies. Then there are the ticks. I think they came out the minute the snow melted. Ugh! Nature!!

That said, I am feeling a pull towards nature, being outside, away from the hum of technology and stepping far, far away from being "reachable". Maybe I do need to leave home after all?

Guess what?! I'm booked for that little retreat. Maybe I'll love it so much I won't want to come back home....

Where is your happy place?
What grounds you?
Where would you go if you could go anywhere in the world?
What energizes you?

Here is a little Facebook quiz I completed this morning which derailed my original thoughts and diverted them elsewhere. What are your answers?

▪️Favorite smell - Lilacs
▪️First job - Ice cream scooper at "Mac's Big Top"
▪️Dream job - Working out of my home again
▪️Astrological Sign - Scorpio
▪️Favorite foot attire - My ballroom dance shoes
▪️Favorite candy - Sweet Tarts
▪️Favorite ice cream - Vanilla, with mini M & M's stirred in
▪Pet Peeve - Dishonesty
▪️What are you listening to right now - Cat purring on my lap, bird chirping in the back yard, the whirr of my laptop and the tapping of the computer keys as I type
▪️Favorite condiment - Pepper
▪️Favorite Holiday - Thanksgiving
▪️Favorite day of week - Sunday
▪️Favorite animal - Cats
▪️Tattoos - None
▪️Like to cook - No way, no how
▪️Can you drive a manual transmission? Is it like riding a bike? I could 30 years ago
▪️Favorite color - Deep royal purple
▪️Do you like vegetables? Yes
▪️Do you wear glasses? Yes
▪️Favorite season- Spring (after the mud dries up and before the bugs come out, actually I think that day was May 5th)
▪️Dream travel destination - A cruise (it doesn't have to actually go anywhere - just roll the scenery by and rock the ship ever so gently, so I don't get sea sick. P.S. I'd like to watch the whales while taking in the roll-by scenery)

No comments:

Post a Comment