Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Then Came the Light

This week has had the power to take me back to where I was several months ago. Triggers of the past arose once again.

This past spring was tough. My senior lady friends unknowingly recreated some situations and emotions of the last spring I spent with Mom. I felt the emotional pull before I connected the dots and realized my inability to just roll with things was because I had walked this walk before.

My heart was still a little tender and Mom's last spring is perhaps the point in her journey when I crumbled to my knees before they got strong enough to carry me through the rest of the year.

It is always the darkest before dawn. Spring was dark. Then came the light.

I felt some new triggers again a few days ago. My spidey senses were a-tingling and I knew I just had to pull up my socks, not take things personally, listen well and just do the next right thing.

I anticipated yesterday to be a tricky one to navigate. But I was wrong.

Do you ever feel like you have made a difference just by showing up? I have. All I did was walk in the door. And it made all the difference in the world.

This is the very same door that took all my strength to walk through all winter long. I don't know when it became easier. But it is easy now.

It was dark. Now it is light. I was weak. Now I am strong.

I'll just keep doing the next right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment