Friday, July 6, 2018

Reaching Out

I have few of my own words this morning as I sit here within my calm and peaceful world. I am blessed in more ways than I can begin to count. But there are so very many who are in a state of struggle.

We all work through the challenges in our lives in our own unique ways. We all do what we have to do to get through the day.

All I can say from my own personal experience is when you come home from a day in the battle field and all you can do is climb into your pajamas and close out the day, be gentle with yourself. When tears accompany this lethargy be careful.

Take what you need for yourself. This is a time to be greedy.

As a person who gains strength from solitude, I know how hard it is to reach out when you are feeling at your lowest. Try anyway. Try...

 If you notice a person within your world who may be struggling, reach out. Open a door and invite them to walk through. They may or may not accept your invitation. Don't forget them. Trust the "pause". What sounds like "no" may mean "not yet". Or it may be "no". And that is okay too.

We’re not going to understand everything that happens in life. When we try to figure it all out, we become overwhelmed.

May you trust in the big picture of your live. Trust the dead ends, remember that "this too shall pass" when you hit turbulent waters.

Relinquish the need to control a situation. Relax. Trust that it will all work out in the end. If it doesn't work out, it is not the end.

"Be still and know. Then do. That is all."
Glennon Doyle
Glennon Doyle says what I wish I could. Thank you, Glennon.

No comments:

Post a Comment