Saturday, January 19, 2019

Freedom

There is great comfort in routine for me. I thrive on sameness, predictability and repetition. Is it really any wonder why I label my life as "rinse and repeat daily"?

I have been up for two hours.

I have made my bed and washed/dried/put away a load of clothes. I have lingered over my morning smoothie and coffee while spending the better part of an hour devoted to my Sudoku and word puzzle addiction; followed by over an hour on Facebook.

Facebook was speaking to me, so I scribbled down the words which spoke the words I would like to remember and repeat aloud as needed.

I have reached out (in an electronic kind of way) to a few people and I'm expecting a callback from a friend I haven't talked to in a while.

I brought up a box of miscellaneous items which have stockpiled in my bedroom and I WILL sort through these items at some point today.

I have only a few "hard things" on my agenda today. Followed by an evening out with a friend.

Life is good. It is so good. When I knocked over my glass full of frozen ingredients for my smoothie, before adding the liquid to the mix, I was simply grateful. Everything landed on the counter top so nothing was wasted. I scooped up my frozen berries and simply said "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" to the ceiling above.

I have so much. I have the gift of a predictable life with everything that comforts me all within reach. I am comforted by this fact. Our home is my oasis here on earth. For others, this is not the case. How you feel about what you already have is a choice.

"Happiness isn't about getting what you want all of the time. It's about loving what you have and being grateful for it." (Author unknown)

Of all that passed through my consciousness this morning, this is what spoke the most loudly to me:


I choose freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment