Tuesday, January 15, 2019

The Perfect Fit

The moment I walked into the kitchen this morning, I was greeted by the NEW sound of our new-to-us fridge. It doesn't "tick". It doesn't ooze "green stuff". Packing tape is not holding pieces together. It isn't scratched up (though it does have a small dent on the door). We have upgraded from "almond" to a new and improved "white" fridge. And it fits into the spot like Cinderella's shoe.

One of my catch phrases is "I hate change!!", so you can only imagine how excited I am to feel good about this change for the better within our home.

I am dreaming of the changes I hope to see happen within our home. Last year, I was lost and feeling a little restless. I loved the feeling of flying high over the landscape and was slightly intoxicated by the feeling of being in between destinations.

Last year, I was quite literally in between "then" and "now".

I wasn't ready to leap into my new world. It was there, ready, waiting and needing me. I did what I had to do to push myself through that year.

This year I feel ready.

I am ready to forge into the world that has been waiting for me all along. I have felt paralyzed. Not wanting to spend "Mom's money". No ambition to wade through all of Mom's papers, memories and history I thought was so important to save. Not ready to create a permanent home for Mom's books.

I didn't feel ready for anything beyond getting through the day. When that passed, I felt ready to "escape". Flying off into the sunset felt wonderful. The people, the destinations, the journey were exactly what I wanted and needed.

But this year? I'm loving the sound of the hum of our new fridge. I am eager to take the next step forward into recreating a renewed feeling of "home" within these walls which became synonymous with definition of "daycare". It is time to turn this house back into a home instead of a place of business.

It all started with a fridge which is the perfect fit. Today? A fridge. Tomorrow?? The world!!! (or at least maybe a new-to-me white stove to co-ordinate with our white fridge)


*Note how it fits snugly between the cupboard which had been previously cut out by a previous owner. The fridge fits but the decor must change (much too much "beige"). ONE thing at a time. Patience, young grasshopper. Patience!

No comments:

Post a Comment