Thursday, January 17, 2019

The Renovation Dance

The old adage of taking life "one step at a time" is hard to follow when tackling the idea of a home renovation.

It is a little bit like the hip bone's connected to "the thigh bone and the thigh bone's connected to the hip bone" song.

My song sounds a little like this:

The floor board's connected to the wall boards; the baseboard's connected to those wall boards; casing's connected to those wall boards; and then there's the ceiling...

Verse two is a little like this:

The entrance's connected to the kitchen; the kitchen's connected to the living room; the living room's connected to the hallway; the bedroom's could be left for another day; but while we're doing the renovating dance, it's best to do it all the way.

Then I started thinking of the painting and the kitchen has a verse unto itself:

The floors are connected to the cupboards; the cupboards are connected to the counter tops; the counters are connected to (my desire for) a back splash; and I'm doing it all again.

Where does one start and stop in a project such as this? I am quite certain I will berate myself for not just doing ONE room at a time. But, you know how the song goes. One room is connected to the other and so on and so forth. 

We're doing the Renovation Dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment