Friday, April 19, 2019

A Very Good Friday

Today has been idyllic. I couldn't have planned a better day.

A completely last minute call from my sister ended up with her waking up here in our home. Waking up to a Friday off and a relaxed breakfast visit with a sister? A most perfect way to start a day.

My youngest son returned from an early morning rehearsal and sat down to visit with us. After my sister left, my son and I gravitated towards our comfortable and inviting living room and had an easy visit which ended up with a "Friday Drive".

The weather was perfect. The sun was shining. My son felt like driving. All I had to do was grab my purse and go along for the ride.

We completed our mission and even though we had a kitchen full of groceries, I said it felt like we should go out for a late afternoon lunch. He agreed. So we did.

We sat in a nearly empty sunny fast food restaurant. We chatted easily. Our conversation started in one place, then led all over the map as we sat without distraction and enjoyed our afternoon without the demands of the day pulling at either one of us.

We spent a few hours together under the same roof, both of us upstairs without chatting. I threw some hot dogs on the barbeque for a light supper to top off our late afternoon lunch.

Eventually we ended up in the back yard and spent some time with our cats enjoying this beautiful April day.

My son has his evening planned so we have parted ways. I'm left to sit back and enjoy the afterglow of a perfectly wonderful Good Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment