Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Another for the "Things That Really Don't Matter" File

I have found myself with an unexpected fifth day off on this ultra-long, long weekend. Five days off, with a three day work week to follow? Who says wishes don't make dreams come true?

I just realized this means I have the time, groceries and desire to cook one more meal (does taco salad count as a meal?) before heading back to work tomorrow.  

I bought an ambitious amount of groceries for this past weekend. My goal was to ensure no salad or food with a "best before" date went to waste. I have almost succeeded.

I now realize I should have set a loftier goal. For example, this would have been a most excellent weekend to clean the garage. But that would have involved the need to wash my hair. I really have to be in the mood to deal with my untamed locks on a day other than my regularly scheduled hair washing day.

Has it come to this? I would prefer to cook over washing my hair?!?

More importantly, I find myself with little more to write about than cooking and hair after five days off. That is the scariest thing of all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment