Monday, April 1, 2019

Finishing Touches

I have been waiting for this moment since the beginning of our renovation. The part where I add my own personal touch, a bit of color, a hint of practicality and invite family in for the weekend.

#1 - I have been searching for new chair cushions and place mats for what feels like months. Today, I took the plunge. Black and dark grey. No surprise there. But my Youngest Son walked in and said the black looked good with the wood table and brought everything together. I call that a win.


#2 - A splash of color and a soap dispenser. Sitting in a different chair a few evenings ago, I noticed how out of place my off-the-grocery-store-shelf-and-into-our-home soap dispenser looked. I found this cool brushed chrome one on sale. Add my 20% off coupon and it still was highly over priced. But I figured the kitchen was worth it. A dash of red and I was good to go. I could have bought a red kettle and a red toaster but since both of those items are stored away neatly in the cupboards, there was no need. I saved enough money there, to more than cover my extravagant soap dispenser. Another win!


#3 - Dining room chairs which will normally reside in the den and/or a bedroom will provide extra seating for times when more than "four" are visiting in the living room. The end tables were cheap and the fold-up storage/coffee table makes for a soft place to rest your heels when you kick back and relax. We could certainly use a dash of color in the living room but I swapped out the old, worn cushions for some others we had on hand. I call this room good-enough-for-now. The walls are barren and this room lacks personality at the moment. But it is a very cozy, conversational room. I can't wait to put this to use. 


#4 - I can still sleep the same number of guest in our 2 bedroom, 1 den main floor, than I could in our 3 bedrooms upstairs. I cringed at putting two beds in one room but after I moved the chest of drawers into the closet, there was plenty of room and it looks just fine. Matching quilts in for the save.


Yes, I'm expecting sleep over guests this upcoming weekend. Bring it on! I'm ready!!


Jet was pleased with the arrival of a new box to investigate. Unfortunately, you can see he gave up the box to initiate the new chair. Cat hair will be everywhere. Again (still).

No comments:

Post a Comment