Friday, April 12, 2019

In the Light of Day

I hear the echo of my whiny inside-my-head voice belly aching about the days starting so much earlier and I shake my head.

I love the sun. I need the sun. I crave the sun. Yet I complain when it forces me up and out of my restless slumber before I think I am ready.

Sometimes, when you watch carefully, life shows you what you need to see...

I was puttering about, during my far-too-early morning, and when I went to the coffee cupboard, I found this reflection. 


I had never noticed it before. Not in all my years of living here, have I come across this light show.

I stepped back to find the source of the prism of light I was marvelling over. It was coming from our back door window.


I got this door over three years ago, yet I have never come across the spectrum of light I discovered this morning.

I was at the right place, at the right time, on a cloudless morning, while the sun was at the perfect angle to create this gift of light.

If I had slept in a moment longer, I could have missed the show.

Oh, what small wonders there are to behold in the light of day. I wonder what else I am missing out on ...

No comments:

Post a Comment