Friday, November 8, 2019

Dream Sequence Analysis

I woke up to a dream sequence that was all over the map this morning. A little bit like my thoughts as I wake up to this frosty, freezing rain kind of Friday.

Thoughts of my car repair saga equalled the dream of driving a newer car I had borrowed from someone. I didn't like it. I didn't like it one little bit. Visibility was poor. I just wanted to get to my destination and back safely.

Thoughts of our pending street closure/water maintenance had me dreaming that I driving past obstacles in this borrowed car. Visibility was poor AND there was unexpected debris on the road. I just wanted to get past the obstacles.

Thoughts of my disjointed, disrupted and unproductive work day yesterday led to the dream of my daycare days. A daycare mom was concerned over her daughter's care and she didn't trust me. She kept dropping in at unexpected times to ensure her daughter's well being. I was trustworthy even when no one was watching.

Thoughts of my youngest son's university challenges was at the core of the dream where he was back in elementary school and I was allowing him to miss school because he slept in. So I took control and drove him to school in the borrowed car from my dream, in my pajamas, dodging traffic/children/debris. I just wanted to be the parent he needed to guide him along the way.

Thoughts of my middle's son quest to further his education had me dreaming that my son asked if he could move home temporarily due to a new responsibility at work. Which morphed into my concerns over his farm and he showed me an elaborate system of keeping his "livestock" (dogs/cats/rabbits) fed and watered in his absence. My middle son is fully capable, independent and doesn't need me. I still want to be there in the ways I can.

Then came the part of the dream that was about our cats and pillows. An excess of pillows. Cats were hiding under them. Cat hair had to be dealt with before I could store the pillows. Cats and pillows - just a part of my every day reality and where I place an extraordinary amount of my energy.

Back to reality now. To make a long story short, I live a good life.

If one leads a life that can be summed up in concerns where we want to get beyond life's roadblocks; make it home safely; peace of mind that we are all doing our best one day at a time, one has little to worry over. Except for the eternal car, cat and pillow thoughts of the moment I couldn't ask for more.

P.S. My car windshield wiper fluid repair was minor - it needed a hose. The rear defrost however is a bigger issue - the only repair they could offer was getting the entire rear window replaced. As I drive to work this morning on icy roads, I will be reminded how fragile this car's life is. What if this car was in an accident? Money must be spent accordingly. More thoughts to ponder in my sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment