Monday, November 4, 2019

Unexpected Gifts

The weekend is past news. Today is Monday. There is no way to go but forward. Despite the fact I wish the weekend could go on forever, "forward" is a good thing.

I adore weekends. I tentatively map out my hope for what may transpire but for the most part, I simply sit back and let them happen.

Saturday was a quiet day at home. I don't believe I had to speak (much). It was a quiet, reflective day of reading. No, I didn't manage to make it into "Mom's room" to start sorting through the memorabilia that lies within the huge, blue Rubbermaid storage container. Oh well. I read. And it was good.

Sunday was a social day. Mostly at home but I pried myself out of the house to go to a new(er) restaurant near our neighborhood and it was worth the trip. I'll be back!

I had words in me by Sunday. I had energy within. I was felt "full" of everything I needed to make the most of the company I kept.

Books. Popcorn. A small dose of chocolate. Quiet. People. No pressure. No guilt. Not a whole heck of a lot was accomplished. But still ... no guilt.

It was the perfect combination of everything I enjoy. I filled myself up with what I needed most. I took advantage of whatever opportunities arose. Unexpected company was the best gift of all.

The most unexpected gift of the weekend? A pillow. Delivered right to my door. Tried, true and recommended. I have only slept on it one night but I do believe Cinderella has found her one true love - a pillow that conforms to support her neck while remaining soft enough to sleep on.

Thank you, Pillow Gods!! A perfect weekend which I dreamt of as I laid my weary head upon my heavenly pillow.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment