Saturday, May 3, 2008

Breathe ...

I can't remember the last time I slept in a little bit. This morning I slept until 7:50. Ahhhh...

And this afternoon ended up being an unexpectedly quiet and lazy day. I had thought the weekend would have a constant go, go, go feeling. But I was wrong. I did make an unexpected trip to Watrous, but even that was enjoyable. It was a beautiful day ... we left early enough that we weren't under the gun to be there ... and it was a quiet and leisurely drive back.

My Oldest's grad was enjoyable. At one point, I visualized his Kindergarten Christmas concert and that absolute and complete joyousness of a heart that is so full that it could burst. This grad didn't quite meet that moment. But I was so glad to be a part of his day.

A day that I had no other kids with me. I could enjoy the moment and savor My Oldest's day. No one or nothing else was dividing my attention. Since my Middle Son's birth, My Oldest and I haven't had a lot of days like that. It's a small thing. But it is something ....

No comments:

Post a Comment