Monday, June 16, 2008

I Gave Up

My 21 day Cleanse has been going downhill since last Tuesday.

The night in the hotel really did me in (I associate these little hotel excursions with junk food and eating take out food). I did all the right things. I packed a salad, fruits and nuts. But the temptations got the best of me. Especially that pot of complimentary coffee first thing in the morning! Hotelling and early morning coffee go hand in hand for me.

Now ... it could have and should have stopped there. Today I made the conscious choice to continue making bad food choices. And once I got the taste for it, I went crazy.

So now I am sitting here feeling just gross because of all of the junky food that I put into my system today.

I now have another choice. Chalk these past few days up to experience and carry on with the healthier food choices that were starting to become a new habit. Or continue eating as I have (and feeling over-full, bloated and just plain gross). Even my brain feels lethargic today.

I think the healthier food was agreeing with me. Tomorrow is a new day. I can choose to eat responsibly and see what a difference it makes at the end of the day.

I gave up ... for 3 days. Tomorrow is a new beginning. I just have to choose to continue on.

No comments:

Post a Comment