Monday, June 23, 2008

The Excitement Level is High!!

I am so busy 'living my life' and making memories that I am having a tough time finding the opportunity to sit down and write about it.

I have so many words in me tonight that I thought this would be a good time to unload them somewhere!

The weekend. FANtastic in every way ...

2 luxurious days off! It was perfect. I had some time to myself Saturday morning before we headed off to the wedding. I need that solitude. It recharges and sustains me. And ... I enjoy my own company. Wow.

Then, once we were on the road headed to our wedding destination I felt like a kid at Christmas. I simply couldn't wait to be there. In among my family. Savoring every moment. Making memories. The trip seemed endless as I anticipated the day ahead.

And it exceeded my expectations. I had it set in my mind that I was going to participate in the day. And I did. When I got too quiet, I'd wander around with my camera/video recorder and the next thing I knew I was involved in the day and not just watching it.

The wedding was wonderful. My niece (that got married) glows on a bad day so you can just imagine how such a beautiful, vibrant and enthusiastic personality would look on her wedding day. As she said when she started her thank you speech "I've waited almost 40 years for this day ..... " and it looks as though it was worth the wait. I really don't know her husband at all, but as I overheard him say, "I couldn't have found a nicer girl" so sincerely to someone in my vicinity, he won me over in that moment.

The weather was perfect (it was an outdoor wedding in a campground) ... the atmosphere was happy, supportive and loving ... they were surrounded by close family and friends ... and it just all felt so right.

I came home and raced through the 'reality' of my house/responsibilities/unpacking and I couldn't wait to sit down and start working with my video footage and pictures. I was pretty overwhelmed last night but I woke up this morning with ideas of how to mix all the material I have together in themes and 'tell a story'. It's starting ....

Then I had a group of families I used to babysit for, come over for a BBQ tonight. It turned out that there were 3 moms, a grandma and a step dad for adults and 5 kids (they all became good friends while they stayed here). The conversation between the adults was amazing. Everyone was involved, interested and the words just flew. One family actually stood up to leave, but they were so interested in the conversation, that they sat right down again (and stayed at least another half hour). Oh - and the kids appeared to enjoy themselves as well.

"Heroes among us" would describe the way I feel about the grandma that was here. She has a story. Very interesting, rather sad and tragic in places ... but she has come through the other side of a very hard situation with a positive attitude and a fighting spirit. I could sit and listen to her for hours ....

And the best part of all were the parting words "We'll have to get together again ... you do make good coffee!" (long story about how my mom thought she was subtly telling me I made bad coffee, so she gave me tips on how to improve it ... and it must have worked).

Inviting people in to my life. Making memories. Living my life. Omigosh. I'm so happy I could burst.

No comments:

Post a Comment