Friday, May 28, 2010

One Drawer

There is one kitchen drawer in my house, that contains the utensils one would need if they wished to cook or bake anything. If the attachment for my Magic Bullet wasn't in that drawer (for my daily morning smoothie), I would have very little use for the contents inside of this drawer.

As I opened the drawer this morning, I was struck by the knowledge that I had utilized almost every gadget in this particular drawer within the past five days.

This means ...

That I cooked pork tenderloin (which I sliced with the electric knife) on Monday; I made spaghetti and meat balls (I needed the adapter for the electric frying pan) on Thursday; and this morning, I actually baked a batch of muffins (thus, requiring my electric mixer).

Every morning, I pull open that drawer to retrieve what I need to make my morning smoothie. It is a rare morning indeed, when I open that drawer and realize that the only gadget that I haven't utilized is the bottle brush (those days are over, my friend ... but a bottle brush does come in handy every now and again).

My domestic skills could use a little dusting off. So could 95% of the gadgets in that one kitchen drawer.

No comments:

Post a Comment