Saturday, January 15, 2011

Then ... There is Zumba!!

I am pushing myself out of my comfort zone once again today. I am attending a full-day 'Zumba Instructor' course.

My Zumba-Love has created a new passion within me. I want to find a way to continue to pursue this and share the joy that I have found. Can I instruct it? I shall try.

I am taking a 'Fitness Knowledge' home study course. I have enrolled in a First Aid/CPR class. I will be taking a 'Group Fitness Class'. Then ... there is one final exam. And I could become a licensed Group Instructor.

Me? An instructor? Lead a class? What in the world makes me think this is possible? The excellent teachers/instructors/leaders that I have been quietly watching throughout my life. And most especially since I found 'Zumba'.

I have been immersing myself in classes the past few months. No matter what level the class is at, I have much to learn.

The styles of teaching, leading and creating a learning environment are as individual as the instructor. I would like to be a patchwork quilt of all that I have learned and add my own personal flair.

I want to create an environment where people can't wait to return. I want to have so much fun that we don't even realize what we are doing is exercise. I want to 'dance like no one is watching' ... and teach others to do the same.

It started with ballroom dancing. It led to Zumba. Where will it go from here??

No comments:

Post a Comment