Sunday, December 29, 2013

Perpetuating the Good

I just scrolled through the names on our phone's call display and it is predominantly 'family' ...

It feels incredibly warm and wonderful to scan the list of names and see our family's surname repeated time and time and time again.

The flurry of family activity will abate soon and I know that I will miss this intense connection.

In the mean time, I have had such meaningful conversations with so many family members that something stronger than a phone connection has been forged.

As I sit here and absorb the conversations, the interactions, the community and support that is 'family', I am overwhelmed. We are so very, very fortunate to have what we have. Each and every person that I mention this to, whole heartedly agrees with me. We know what we have is a gift.

It was very important to my grandpa that his sons stayed connected, worked together and forged partnerships that would forever intertwine their family's lives. I cannot help but think of how he would feel if he could look down upon his family and see that this connection has gone beyond his seven sons. His grandchildren have been enveloped in this community of family.

My grandpa's wish for his family has gone forth and multiplied. I just hope that I can pass this gift down to my own children ...

Something this good must keep going.


No comments:

Post a Comment