Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Perfectly Wonderful

The last few days have been simply ... wonderful.

A Christmas supper invitation took us down the country roads towards my Second Son's home. The sky was blue, the morning's fog had lifted and left the outdoors covered in hoar frost. It was picture perfect drive.

Our Christmas day was a perfect mix of everything one could hope for. A delightful visit, a most excellent meal and I couldn't have wished for more.

We left home about 2:30 and returned shortly after 9:00 p.m., a perfect amount of time away from home for a short Christmas getaway.

This morning started similar to another recent holiday morning. My Second Son told me he was planning to come over and help me out with a few things around the house. Yay!!

I found myself a friendly neighborhood handyman but he has taken ill. I had a small list of things to do (and the list seemed to grow while my son was here). Installing windshield wipers, a back door light, some blinds and hanging some pictures took care of the time my son had available to tend to my wish list.

I managed to put together a late lunch before he had to leave and I've had turkey bones from yesterday's meal simmering on the stove for the better part of the day. It smells a lot like Christmas around here.

I've taken down our Christmas decorations but they were up long enough. Long enough to breath in the season, take in the lights and add a little sparkle and shine to our home.

It was a low key Christmas. But it was perfect. It was enough ...

No comments:

Post a Comment