Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Out on a Ledge

Last year, I took several leaps of faith. I didn't stop and ponder many of these ventures, afraid that I wouldn't follow through on my ideas if I stopped to think very long.

This year, I have been taking several parallel leaps in my life. The difference being ... that I seem to have a lot more time to ponder the sanity of these undertakings. The words, "Who do you think you are??" and "What have you done??" come to my mind often.

My confidence levels are not high, but I have last years successes to keep talking me into going forward with my plans. The self-talk that is going on within my head seems to be getting the better of me. More negative than positive some days. The negativity is draining.

Then ... I wake up to a morning such as today and I am fueled with confidence and the passion I need fired up within me, to take the next forward steps.

What was different about this morning? Waking up to find emails from some cousins that I have been impacting with some of these 'great ideas'. Words of gratitude and encouragement that I so needed to hear. I've been running on empty the last little while and I needed something to urge me forward.

My immediate family never lets me down and is a constant source of energy for me. But when I reach someone outside of my immediate circle, I feel like the passion that sparked the idea was there for a reason.

The comment that 'someone' has to make the first move has been spoken to me several times recently. The old me wasn't that 'someone'. The new me is trying to be.

It is a frightening venture ... standing out on that ledge and taking a risk. But it is a risk worth taking. Whether or not I fail or succeed is not as important to me, as is to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment