Friday, April 17, 2009

Waking Up Happy!

It has been a while since I woke up happy. I am reveling in the joy of the quiet moments of my morning before the kids start filing in.

As the first waves of consciousness started hitting me this morning, all I felt was exhaustion. I hit the snooze button on the alarm and the next thing I knew, it was going off again. All I could think of was sleep.

Then ... my thoughts started to rouse me. No one thought in particular. Just happiness within.

As I meowed my good morning to Andre (the cat), my meow didn't come out (frog in my throat). I just laughed. Starting the morning with such a minor thing tickling my funny bone is the right way to start the day.

I am so amused as Andre thinks nothing of wandering into My Youngest's room and meowing loudly as my son sleeps soundly. He expects 'his boy' to meow back (and I have heard My Youngest meow to Andre in his sleep) and lavish some attention on him. Now.

Many, many mornings Andre decides to sleep in. He stretches out on my bed after I make it around him as if to say "Finally!! I get the whole bed to myself!" and I am so jealous. I just want to take a 'cat day' but I'm forced to face up to my 'human day' and responsibilities.

Andre has been getting up with me this week - it must be the early morning sun that has his cat senses tingling and ready to go so early. It's nice to have his company.

I was happy as I fell asleep last night and I woke up with residual happiness this morning. It is the best way to start a Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment