Monday, January 25, 2010

Say It! Believe It! Go For It!

I have never read 'The Secret' cover to cover. I had a daily calendar with quotes from 'The Secret' that I recycled and reread for a second year. The quotes from 'The Secret' are not all new ideas. I've heard various forms of the same way of thinking from other sources, over the years.

I have lived some of 'The Secrets' truths. I am a believer of many of their adages. What can you lose by believing, visualizing and talking about what you want to come true in your life?

Yesterday afternoon, I was talking to a friend. I told her (as I have told many others before her) that what I want, is a job with hour requirements and guidelines just like my school week. At school, I must attend 20 hours per week. I must work within the hours that the school is open, but how and when I put in those 20 hours is up to me. I love that flexibility!

As I uttered the words once more yesterday, I qualified my statement with one of the adages that I learned from 'The Secret'. You must visualize what you want in life. You must say it out loud. You must believe it. I have seen many of my dreams come true from following this exact philosophy.

Within a few hours, I received an email from this friend. She had been on an Internet site and found the job that I had just described. "Typist Required - Casual hours, advance notice on an ‘on call’ basis, normally during the hours of 9:30a.m. – 3:00p.m., Monday – Friday. Some of the job requirements it asked for were for Microsoft Office programs that I have just taken/just finishing at school.

Ask and you shall receive!

I submitted a resume with a cover letter last night. I don't know if I could find a way to make this fit into my schedule at the present time, but my true hope is that I can make enough of an impression that they will consider me for the future. Or ... if we could just find a way to make it work now, it would be perfect.

I am a believer.

Know what you want. Create a vivid picture of it in your mind. Visualize it, believe it, know that you deserve this, say it out loud. Tell the world ... because the world does listen. At least in my experience it does.

And really ... what do you have to lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment