Saturday, August 7, 2010

Groceries - Are They Really Necessary?

I've noticed something interesting about my grocery expenditures and how they relate to my other spending this past while ...

In the last two weeks, this is the grocery to take out allocation of assets:
Groceries - $ 43.42
Take Out - $143.00
Considering that we ate out four times and ate at home for the remaining ten days, it would appear we need to find cheaper places to dine out!

In the past month, this has been my grocery to dance lessons ratio:
Groceries - about $400 (divided by 3 = $133.33 per person)
Dancing - about $250
Food to dancing ratio: 133:250 = about 13:25, which equals about 1:2. If I'm dancing twice as much as I'm spending on groceries, one would think that I should be a little skinny minny ... but I'm not. Mathematics lie!

For the month of July, these are the grocery statistics as they relate to our household expenses:
Groceries - 24%
Bills, mortgage, dancing, spending, taxes, annual expenses and everything else under the sun - 76%
Food and shelter are highly over rated. I'm thinking maybe we should pitch a tent, collect berries and eat whatever we can catch. Or else pitch a tent and eat out all of the time?

Hmmm ....

My family is starting to notice the echo within our food storage areas. The natives are getting hungry.

Dancing verses groceries this month??

Groceries may be pulling into the lead (personally, I'm thinking we should push this a little further. It could be a good time to defrost the deep freeze if we go a few more weeks without wasting time and money buying groceries).

A girl's gotta dance. Doesn't she??

No comments:

Post a Comment