Saturday, May 21, 2011

A.MAZE.ING!!!

There hasn’t been a free moment to sit back and reflect today. It’s been marvellous!

First off (after breakfast), we ended up taking a ‘pink bus’ tour. A hop on, hop off ticket (good for one day). So we were able to see Stanley Park and a small piece of the Vancouver. We hopped on and stayed on for our hour long tour.

What impressed me the most?? I didn’t get motion sickness as I gawked all around and took in all of the sights. I usually have to keep my eyes facing forward and try not to let the passing scenery catch my eye. Today? I looked up, down and all around, Nothing. The motion sickness patch I was wearing worked like a charm.

Next on the agenda – check out of the hotel; take the elevator down to the ‘cruise ship’ floor and begin the checking in process for our cruise.

One long line for the baggage, followed by another line where we set up our ‘on-board account’ for any expenditures while we were on board the ship, then another line to go through security, another line as they took our picture before we boarded the ship, then one more line as we entered the ship (where they took another picture to go with our ‘cash card’ .

Finally, finally!!! We boarded our new ‘home’. And then the real fun began!!

Where do I begin? Our cabin is much larger than I thought it would be. Not one ounce of wasted space. It is perfect.

It was soon time to say good bye to Vancouver. And we were off!

No comments:

Post a Comment