Monday, May 30, 2011

Timmy, I'm Home!

Well ... maybe I'm not quite home. But we are back in Canada. And guess where we went for supper??  Tim Hortons.

Be it ever so humble, there is no place like 'home'.

We are spending our last night in Vancouver - an overnight layover and we'll be back home early tomorrow afternoon.

It was my hope to wind up my holiday by meeting my 'first-forever-work-friend' tonight, in Vancouver. We met when she was 17 and I was 18. She started working at the bank and I trained her as a teller. We became best friends.

She moved to Mexico. I moved to Saskatchewan. She moved back to Alberta and eventually settled in B.C.

We have kept in touch throughout the years, the moves and life transitions. It was truly my hope that we would be able to meet up tonight to wind up of a most perfect holiday that has been all about forever-friends.

I called her cell phone number as soon as we checked into our room and was pleasantly surprised when she answered immediately. Unfortunately the reason that she answered so promptly is because she had just walked in her door after work. One wish was not fulfilled.

One unfulfilled wish does not undo the rest. This holiday has surpassed my expectations at every turn. Tonight is no different.

I may not be home. My friend may not have been able to make it. But we found a Tim Hortons just around the corner from our hotel. I feel like I'm home ...

View from our hotel window


No comments:

Post a Comment