Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Let the Sun Shine In!!! (or not)

Due to the lack of kids  here today, we have been able to leave the back door open and let the sun shine into our day with all of its glory.

The sun has brought to light, that which I have known all along. This house is dirty. Very dirty.

When that very same door is shut, the natural light come in via a north window (aka: indirect sunlight no matter what the time of day). When the door is open? The morning sun from the east shines brightly.

Oh! The screen door was a mess. That was easy. I cleaned that up while my 2-1/2 year old ate his breakfast. Once that was clean, the kitchen looked worse than it did before I started.

The dirt and grime on the screen door glass must have diluted the natural sunlight by an iota. Because when I turned around, all I could see was the water marks left behind on the dishwasher, stove, fridge and cupboards. Don't even let me get started on the blinds and kitchen window.

I have company coming this weekend and the kitchen is disgusting. If I keep the back door closed I may be able to get away with a minimal amount of scrubbing and scouring. If we have breakfast on the deck, go out for a while and return home after the sun has moved in a westward direction ... that could work. Maybe it will be cloudy and the sun won't tell the tale of my unkempt house ...

Then again ... maybe I could just clean things up around here. The sad part is that there is quite literally no end to the dirt that has been evading the sunlight. It is everywhere.

Maybe I'll take the kids outside to play for a while instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment