Saturday, July 2, 2022

It is Never So Bad ....

It was a day of numerous small things gone awry with an equal an opposite opportunity to be grateful with every wrong turn.

1 - the fridge wasn't working. But the freezer WAS.

2 - I didn't find out the fridge wasn't working until the light of day. Thus, I didn't spend a night tossing and turning and fretting about "tomorrow".

3 - I forgot to buy necessary ingredients for my dessert and salad. The delay was a blessing, otherwise they would have spoiled in my malfunctioning fridge.

4 - No fridge? No problem. My sister saved the day and lent me an electric cooler for the weekend to buy me some time before a repair person could be called.

5 - I tripped and fell up a cement step. But I didn't rip a hole in my capris, NOR did I spill my drink or break the glass.

6 - when I tripped, I fell backwards a bit and threw a portion of my drink in my own face. But not a soul noticed my dampened hair AND it didn't wreck my hair style.

I walked into the weekend feeling overloaded and any one of the above could have tipped the scales and ruined the day if I hadn't immediately found the silver lining.

 It is said "Things are never so bad that they couldn't be worse". We are fortunate when there is  some good on the flip side of those little things that can bring a person to their knees. 

I know my misfortunes were minor in every sense of the word but I am grateful for the reminder to look beyond the inconvenience and practice picking myself up and carrying on. It is a skill best honed on the little stuff to help us find our way when the going gets tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment