Friday, July 1, 2022

Thankful for the Pause

I had no words at the end of a very long, short week. I had accomplished almost everything on my to-do-list. But due to bad planning on my part, I couldn't complete my mission. I had to wait until morning.

This morning, I went to get a nice cold drink of water from the fridge and the water wasn't cold. The refrigerator part of our fridge wasn't working.

If I had remembered to buy radishes and green peppers when I picked up groceries, I would have assembled my potato salad last night. An unrefrigerated potato salad is the perfect recipe for food poisoning. My work would have been completely and utterly wasted. 

As overwhelmed and frustrated as I felt last night, a wave of relief washed over me when I realized my good fortune. Waiting until this morning to complete assembling my salad saved my day.

Then I had to wait even longer, as the grocery store is on holiday hours and doesn't open until 10:00. When the going tough, the tough do puzzles.

Trust the pause. Good words to live by.

No comments:

Post a Comment