Friday, July 28, 2023

I'm Here!

I have been walking through my days with a renewed sense of "being".
I have wanted to shout from the rooftops "I'm back!",
but the quieter I go, the more I realize "I'm here".
I'm just here.

In the moment.
Moments where I'm not feeling overwhelmed or anxious.
I'm present.
I'm here.

The stage of dormancy I retreated to has passed
for the moment.
I'm acting on my thoughts
and the rewards are plentiful.

I've been walking this week.
First thing in the morning is the only time I seem to make it work.
Nothing pulling at me, no coffee in my system.
Just early morning thoughts and the knowledge there is no better way to start a day.

I've spotted one or two rabbits each morning.
They have all seemed to be on high alert and on the run.
Except one.
When I stopped to take its picture, it had hunkered down into the "rock" pose.
I love how rabbits can hide in plain sight.
Most times, it is their movement that gives away their spot.
When one holds its ground and blends into its surroundings,
knowing full well a predator is in sight,
I wonder ...
Do you have babies close by?
Are you in protection mode?
Or do you simply sense I mean no harm?

I haven't got to know these rabbits,
so there I doubt there is any sense of familiarity.
I was simply fortunate enough to spot a rabbit hiding in full sight.

Hiding in full sight.
Kind of how I have been living the last long while.

I'm on the move.
For now.
I'm here.
And I'm enjoying the views.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment