Thursday, June 17, 2010

Blurred Vision

I was still yesterday.

I sat in the hair salon and waited out the coloring process for my 'new hair'. And I decided not to bother wearing my glasses (rather than get the hair color on them). Instead, I sat still with my thoughts.

My vision was blurred and I couldn't see the hands on my watch. I was on vacation.

I love when my head is in a happy place. I can sit and listen to my own thoughts and be content, happy and amused. With no outside stimulation.

This week started out great and it just keeps getting better. I woke up Monday morning, thinking that I knew what life had in store for me, at least for the next four months.

It is wrong to assume anything. Life can change in an instant.

Lucky for me, the changes are all good. Small stuff, big stuff, everything-in-between stuff. Life can just as easily through curve balls your way. In big ways, small ways and everything-in-between ways.

I am determined to appreciate every small blessing that comes my way. I don't know what is around the next corner. So I'm savoring every single moment that I have in the here and now.

I sat quietly and listened to my thoughts yesterday afternoon. I let the world around me spin around in a blur.

It was a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

No comments:

Post a Comment