- Two loads of laundry and I'm all caught up
- The ability to wash and dry two loads of laundry simply by running down a flight of stairs and tossing them into machines that do all of the work for me
- The fact that I have enough clothing to fill the washing machine. Twice.
- A home that houses the washer, dryer, stairs and closets where I store my clothing when it is not in the hamper
- Clothes that actually get dirty again. Whether it is from work, sweat, weather or just plain 'living' ... my clothes do get dirty enough to deserve soap and water verses a simple 'airing out'
- The ability to wash those clothes during my work day
- The fact that I have a job that defines my week days
- The privilege to work from home
- The ability to earn my own way
- The skills to diversify my income and my life to keep things interesting
- Friends and family that are like a lifeline to me
- The ability to pick up the phone and find a friend or family member on the other end of the line
- Connections. To family. To friends. Via the written word. Via the spoken word...
Connections. It is truly by the connections that I have within my life that I define myself and for which I am most grateful.
A person could have all the money in the world, all the time they wanted at their disposal, good mental and physical health. But if you don't have someone to share it with ... how much do you really have unless you feel a connection to those that share your world?