Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Hide and Seek

I slept in past the prime Rabbit Watching Hour the other day but gazed out our living room window ever hopeful I would spot at least one rabbit before they went into hiding for the day.

I have been rewarded by spotting one speedy little rabbit who often comes into view when all other rabbits are hiding out. This particular morning, my regularly scheduled rabbit hopped in and out of sight as I hoped. But I settled in and kept watching.

Sure enough, just as the sun was dawning a new day, out came one lone rabbit. This rabbit's body language was one of panic. It reminded me of kids playing hide and seek, when last hider is forlorn as all the good spots are taken and they need to hide before the seeker stops counting.

The rabbit hopped into our neighbor's yard which must be an oasis to rabbits hoping to find a quiet place to watch the day go by. The yard is open to wandering rabbits and has lots of cover to hide under.

The last little rabbit hopped out of sight and went into hiding for the day. I must wait until the cloak of darkness until I rabbit gaze and seek them out.

I'm loving the game of Rabbit Hide and Seek.

No comments:

Post a Comment