Saturday, February 7, 2009

What a Way to End a Week

My Friday night dance lesson. Need I say more??

Actually, I really do need to say more tonight. The lesson as usual, was fun and it seems that laughter comes so easily as I stumble through the paces of trying to absorb and do what I'm being taught. I can't even begin to count how many times that we laughed. Could there be a better way to end a week?

Well ... tonight was a first. As we were working on the Bolero part of a routine we are practising, I some how managed to get the heel of my shoe caught up in the cuff of Greg's pants. We were going backwards at the time in some 'mirror image' fashion (I would imagine that it looks quite elegant when done properly).

It was like it happened in slow motion. I felt my heel caught up and then I felt Greg toppling to the floor behind me. But we were in some form of dance position when he fell ... so when he fell ... I fell ... and I landed right on top of him.

I can't remember what happened first - the hysterical laughter or Greg's immediate concern over whether I was okay. Did I ask him if he was okay? Somewhere in between the gales of laughter, I'm certain that I did.

I haven't laughed so hard since I was a kid. My eyes watered and each time we stopped laughing, we took a breath and started laughing again. I came home and hours later, I was picturing this in my mind again and I started stifling a laugh. The next thing I knew, I was standing in the middle of a room, laughing hysterically. All by myself.

Then I started feeling guilty. He could be seriously hurt and here I am, still in hysterics 3 hours later! What kind of a person am I??

It's still pretty funny though.

No comments:

Post a Comment